As with all shopping websites, we collect personal information from you when you shop online at www.urbanandwildltd.co.uk
We use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. We need it to process your order, inform you of any delays or problems and occasionally to send you special offers and promotions.
The information we collect is:
- Your name – so we know what to call you
- Email address – so we can email you order confirmations, delivery delays, offers etc
- Delivery address – an obvious one
- Telephone number – we'll only call if we have a delivery problem
- Credit card details – we only ask for these when you place an order
- Mobile number – so we can text you with details about your orders or where we have a question
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure this information is protected to the highest standards.
We use encryption to safeguard your credit card information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology - this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers above version three support this security.
This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us.
The encryption technique we use is the highest standard available for e-commerce and certified by VeriSign, the world's most respected certification body for Internet firms.
Urban and Wild Ltd is a registered data user under the Data Protection Act. We will never pass on your details on to a third party for marketing purposes. We will however send you details of offers from other companies that we think may interest you, but only with your permission.
There are only four circumstances where we may share some of your data with others:
- With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies (Streamline Credit Card Services), fraud prevention and detection agencies who may keep a record of the search) that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
- In the unlikely event that our business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company. (Our data records are part of our business).
- To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
- We will occasionally make names and addresses (but never email addresses) available to companies whose products we think may interest you, unless you have told us not to. If you do not wish to receive such offers please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address and we will ensure that your wish is our command.
To see all the information we have about you, and to correct any inaccuracies, please write to: The Data Protection Officer, Unit C2 Wareham Road, Holton Heath, Poole, Dorset, BH16 6JL
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an Internet user's identification card. They let the website know when the user has returned. This lets the site bring up information relevant to that user, for example your name, past orders etc.
Cookies are not computer programs, and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user's email address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website. It is possible to opt out of cookies via your browser's cookie settings, but if you do this you will not be able to shop from the Urban and Wild website as the functions of the website are dependent on cookies. Please note that cookies are computer specific, so if you log on to any site from a different computer, the cookie settings on that computer will apply.
For further information about managing and disabling cookies on your computer see www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
Data over the Internet
We use a third-party service provider to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on this site. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Web site, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other Web sites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major web sites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. They do not know the name, phone number, address, email address, or any personally identifying information about the user.